23.8.09

Saturday finds


Detours can be fruitful. The sign advertised a furniture sale. My Sarnia lifeguard Christina and I walked down the gravel drive to a large, three-door barn like garage. We expected some farm house antiques but were awed by the chairs, the cupboards, the hutches, the buffets, the sideboards, the tall boy dressers, the chalkboards, the lamps, the rocking chairs not in shabby shape but rather shabby chic - lovingly stripped, repainted and upholstered where necessary. And the prices. I bought six pine chairs and country-style table for $300. Christina a $250 white French side board and ideas bouncing around in her head how she could too turn her love of refinishing old furniture into a job (just like the two ladies hosting the sale). Oh, and the future husband didn't even balk when I told him I bought it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment